The ECOWAS is a regional group of 15 West African countries with a total of 300 million people per year by an increase of 6 percent each year. ECOWAS is one of the eight regional economic communities that coordinate the implementation of regional and regional cooperation programs in the West African region to support the African Union.
We are now looking for space.
Job Title: Sports Administrator
Location: Republic of Liberia
Category: ECOWAS International Volunteer
Type of Contract: ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. Non-Family Position
Expected Start Date: 2nd November, 2017.
Duration: One (01) year, renewable (depending on budget availability and satisfactory performance)
Organization of the Center
- The Center for Youth and Sport Development (EJSDC) is one of the directors of the ECOWAS Commission’s
- Department of Social and Gender Affairs. It is signed in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso) under the headquarters agreement between the Burkina Faso authorities and the ECOWAS Commission.
- The strategic guidelines, including the formulation of the overall vision, objectives and objectives of the program, fall under the responsibility of the Regional Coordinating Council (RAC), whose function is, among other things, to make the PVE a voluntary arm of the ECOWAS.
- As a cross-cutting program, the ECOWAS Regional Volunteer Coordinating Council (CCR) comprises representatives of relevant ECOWAS Commission services. The JRC is headed by the Commissioner for Social
- Affairs and Gender of the ECOWAS Commission. He is supported by the Director of the ECOWAS Center for Youth Development and Sport (EYSDC), as Vice-President of the CCR.
- The RCC Executive is the regional office, which is provided by the EYSDC in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso). The regional coordination activities of the program are coordinated by a regional coordinator under the supervision of the Director of AUGDC. Although the EPP is under the Ministry of Youth of the EJSDC, it is directly supervised by the Director of EYSDC for its effectiveness.
- At the national level, the National Coordinating Council (NCC) is the national body that provides national guidelines for the program. This council works to understand and anchor the voluntary program at the national level.
- It also advises the rural office responsible for coordinating the program at the national level. The SCC is led by the head of the ECOWAS National Office in the country. It consists of key areas / representatives of different ministries, civil society organizations, United Nations agencies and local youth associations involved in the implementation of the program at national level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The voluntary sports administrator of ECOWAS will work directly with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Liberia and will carry out the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Support national employees to promote and develop sport at national, regional or international level.
- Link to local sports councils, regional committees and national agencies;
- The security of administrative systems, processes and databases is efficient and well managed;
- Administrative support for employees and heads of organizations;
- Organization of meetings, training, coaching, festivals, conferences and other events;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Physical Education, Sports Science, Sports management or Sports development.
- A strong interest in sports and awareness of the problems affecting the sports sector;
- Demonstrated experience as program leader or other leadership position
- Comprehensive knowledge of project / program management techniques and methods
- Experience in conflict resolution and / or crisis management
- Sense of initiative and anticipation
- Knowledge of volunteering is an advantage
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Be proactive and enterprising (take the initiative);
- Good computer skills – Office Suite;
- Good interpersonal skills