International students who are studying in USA should have aim of completing their study with high peaks as their next step. The capstone to their education in USA comes when they are allowed to work legally in the USA for up to a year on the optional practical training program or OPT.
It is not easy to find the OPT Jobs for students; they have other struggles in finding such jobs. The most comment student visa is F-1 visa which is a non-immigrant student visa. The students under F-1 visa have the full time opportunities for OPT students to work under some visa conditions under OPT. OPT authorization is a status where an F-1 visa student holds an EAD for Optional Practical Training Jobs. The application can take three to four months, so it is important for international students to begin the application process months before graduation.
Pre completion– Students who intend to do practical training or working part time while they are pursuing degree.
Post completion– Students who intend to work as full time after they complete program of study. The main use for OPT is the right to work for 12 months after completion of a degree.
You need not to have a job offer to apply for the OPT program, and your OPT employment can take place anywhere within the USA within your related field of study.
OPT Eligibility Requirements include:
- Student must maintain their lawful F-1 status
- Employment must be “directly related” to the student’s major field of study
- Student must apply for OPT before completion of all work towards a degree
- Students who have done 12 months or more of full-time Curricular Practical Training (CPT) are not eligible for OPT
- Should have not used 12 months of OPT for a previous degree at the same level. You are authorized for 12 months of OPT for degree of each level you have achieved as an international student on F-1 visa
- Employment can only be started between the issued start and end dates by their University for the OPT.